Christina Gratke Nason is a partner, handling litigation and appellate matters in state and federal courts in Texas and New Mexico. Ms. Nason practices in the areas of medical malpractice, healthcare, employment, commercial and consumer litigation, products liability, construction defect, oil and gas, personal injury defense, and insurance bad faith and coverage. Ms. Nason’s particular expertise is in state and federal procedure, complex legal research and briefing, and multi-party litigation. Ms. Nason has argued before state appellate courts and before the Fifth Circuit.
Professional Memberships and Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Dallas Bar Association
- Appellate Section, Council Member, 2019
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- New Mexico Women's Bar Association
Education and Professional Background
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Bobby R. Baldock of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1992-1994
- J.D. cum laude, Washington & Lee School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, 1992
- Law Review Staff Writer
- Intern, United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of Virginia
- B.A. English, Rice University in Houston, Texas, 1989
- State Bar of Texas, admitted 1997
- State Bar of New Mexico, admitted 1992
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Arlington High School Volleyball Booster Club, Program Coordinator 2013-2014
- Arlington ISD Citizens Advisory Committee, Chairperson and Co-Spokesperson 2009-2010
- Arlington ISD Instructional Decision-Making Committee, Member 2009-2010
- Arlington ISD Bond Advisory Committee, Facilities Sub-Committee Member 2008-2009
- Citizens for Arlington Political Action Committee for AISD Bond, Assistant Treasurer 2009
- Larson Elementary PTA, President 2007-2009, Life Member Award 2008, Volunteer Coordinator 2005-2007
- Arlington Council of PTAs, Legislative Action Chair 2008-2009
- YMCA of Arlington, Sports Committee Member 2006-2007, Coach 2003-2009
- Estates of River Ridge Homeowners Association, Treasurer 2005-2013
Recent Appellate Opinions
- Empire Indem. Ins. Co. v. N/S Corp., 571 Fed. Appx. 344 (5th Cir. 2014).
- Rudolph v. Manor Estates Inc., No. 33,195, 2014 WL 5092283 (N.M. Ct. App. Aug. 18, 2014).
- Deutsche Bank Trust Co. v. Anders, No. 12-12-00053-CV, 2013 WL 174190 (Tex. App.—Tyler Jan. 16, 2013).