Ms. Tong has advised and represented clients in a broad range of matters. Her litigation experience includes the prosecution of prompt payment and breach of contract claims on behalf of health care clients, as well as the defense of clients against claims of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, premises liability, professional liability, and breach of contract. Ms. Tong has also helped clients avoid the expense and burden of trial by defeating claims on summary judgment.
Ms. Tong counsels her corporate clients in business transactions, including negotiation, drafting, and review of contracts and other documents. She has also assisted her clients in the formation and maintenance of corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
Ms. Tong is well versed in the requirements of HIPAA and HITECH, including recent regulations relating thereto. She has assisted health care entities and business associates by drafting and revising their policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Licensed by the Texas Supreme Court
- 5th U.S. Court of Civil Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Education and Professional Background
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, cum laude, 2008
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2004
- Judicial Intern to The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, Northern District of Texas
- Collins Clerk to The Honorable Wallace B. Jefferson, Texas Supreme Court
- Judicial Intern to the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board
Honors and Awards
- Finalist, SettlePou Journal of Air Law & Commerce 2008 Best Casenote Award
- Staff Editor of SMU Law Review
Publications and Speeches
- Employment Law Update, presented at the DFW Heathcare Human Resources Association Annual Seminar, September 2014.
- Navigating the Tornado of Employment Litigation, presented at the DFW Healthcare Human Resources Association Annual Seminar, April 2013
- Revisiting Neutral Leave Policies Under the ADAAA, EEOC v. Verizon, Employment Law Newsletter, 2012
- How the ADAA has Changed the Way We Do Business, presented at the DFW Healthcare Human Resources Association 2012 Annual Seminar, August 2012
- The ADA Amended Act: Shifting the Focus Away From What Constitutes a Disability, Employment Law Newsletter, 2012
- What Employers Should Know About Regulations Implementing the ADAAA, Employment Law Newsletter, 2012
- Navigating the Procedural Requirements of Texas’ Revised Eminent Domain Laws (co-author) Texas Wesleyan Law Review Energy Symposium, 2012
- Fourth Amendment – The Ninth Circuit Court Allows the Government to Read International Airmail Absent a Warrant: United States v. Seljan, 73 Journal of Air Law & Commerce 121 (2008)