Bob Begert has represented law firms, corporations, major hospitals, physician provider management companies, and the individuals that practice within those organizations for over 35 years. He has tried all types of litigation cases from casualty, death and product liability cases to high-level professional malpractice medical and legal cases. He has long-standing and established relationships with clients, having represented several clients for over 20 years. Mr. Begert is experienced in working with most major carriers of professional insurance.
- Texas Lawyers’ Insurance Exchange
- Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- Mendes & Mount, LLP
- Methodist Health System
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Questcare Medical Services, P.A.
- Western Litigation, Inc.
Professional Memberships and Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation
Civic and Community Involvement
- Salesmanship Club
- President, Rotary Club of Dallas (past)
- President, Dallas Country Club (past)
- Board Chairman of the Park Cities YMCA (past)
- City Councilman, University Park, Texas, 2010-2016
Honors and Awards
- Named in Best Lawyers’ 2017 Dallas Legal Malpractice Law by legal peer review conducted and published by Woodward/White, Inc.
- Named Texas Super Lawyer 2004-2018 by Thomson Reuters and published in Texas Monthly
- Named in The Best Lawyers in Dallas – Professional Liability Litigation, 2016 by D Magazine
- What Every Young Lawyer Needs to Know About Legal Malpractice and Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Dallas Bar Association, 2008-2009
Education and Professional Background
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, 1971
- B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1967
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas